BECOME AN EMPLOYER SPONSOR
Many of the young people who are supported by StreetWork have a goal to obtain part-time or full-time work but they may not necessary be job ready. We are seeking the support of local businesses who may consider 'sponsoring' one of our young people to give them some work experience, provide a nurturing environment and support them to become job ready.
What we're looking for
- Local businesses offering work experience;
- Local businesses who understand the needs of 'at risk' young people; and
- Entry level businesses prepared to give a young person an opportunity.
What the partnership offers young people
The partnership offers young people:
- The opportunity to get much needed on-the-job skills;
- The opportunity to obtain support and skills to overcome barriers to employment that will improve their long term job and socio-economic prospects;
- Connections with local businesses and employers, to provide work experience as well as employment opportunities; and
- Ongoing one-on-one support from their Youth Worker to reach their job goals during their employment journey to assist them with long-term success.
TYPES OF BUSINESSES NEEDED
Young people have expressed an interest in the following industries:
- Real Estate
- Pet Care or Veterinary Care
BUSINESSES ALREADY SPONSORING YOUNG PEOPLE
BECO CAFE - ALAMBIE HEIGHTS
The owners of Beco Café - Alambie Heights have given young people an opportunity to work in a café and learn the skills needed for kitchen work, cleaning, food preparation and serving customers.
BEN & JERRY'S - MANLY
The owners of Ben & Jerry's - Manly have given young people an opportunity to work in a business ice-cream shop cleaning, preparing orders and serving customers.