StreetWork seeks to give at-risk youth the same opportunities as their peers. To grow, to achieve their dreams and to develop as a person with high self esteem.
We provide them with one-on-one mentoring in a bid to break the cycle of destructive behaviours and help them turn their lives around.
The factors we address are complex and vary from person to person. They include:
- alcohol and substance abuse
- mental health issues
- difficulties in school and employment
- poor personal and social skills
- neglect and abuse
Our focus is first and last on the teens we are supporting, but we are often asked to account in economic terms for the work we do.
Our good friends at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) carried out a 12 month study of StreetWork's impact and found:
- over 90% of StreetWork's funds go directly into funding its youthwork programs.
- StreetWork's programs are very effective, with a turnaround rate of over 93%
- for every dollar spent by StreetWork, there is a $16 return to the community
Our programs deliver economic value by reducing community disturbance and government spending on criminal and social issues.
If you work in the sector and are interested, you can access our Impact Value Chain by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and the document will be sent to you.